Liquor Liability Law

      Liquor liability laws in New Jersey provides the innocent victim of an alcohol related injury or death the right to sue the responsible tavern or bar that served a visibly intoxicated person. If you have suffered physical and financial harm due to an accident, assault, or other incident involving an intoxicated person, you may be able to sue under liquor liability laws. Types of claims may be automobile accidents, fights, motorcycle or truck accidents. Persons that are completely innocent accident victims may be a victim of a bar that continued to serve an already visibly intoxicated person.

We can help you.

Get in touch by email.

     Michael A. Mark is an experienced New Jersey Trial Lawyer. He is one of about 2% of all New Jersey lawyers that have been Certified by the Supreme Court of New Jersey as a Civil Trial Attorney. Mr. Mark had to demonstrate substantial trial experience and educational involvement, take a rigorous examination in Trenton, New Jersey and obtain recommendations from other attorneys and Superior Court Judges. After review, the New Jersey Supreme Court in 1998 granted Mr. Mark the status as a Board Certified Civil Trial Attorney. He has provided expert legal service to innocent accident victims on a statewide basis for over 24 years. Presently, Mr. Mark continues to represent persons that have been the victim of accidents through no fault of their own      Mr. Mark is available to meet with you, free of charge, to discuss your case as a way of giving back to the community. He is available to talk by phone or in person. Or, if you need assistance locating a lawyer in a specialized area of law (such as copyright, maritime, trademark infringement, etc.), Mr. Mark will help you, free of charge.
      Bars and other drinking establishments are legally required to cut off a person who appears visibly intoxicated from continuing to drink alcohol. The establishment is required to cut off a person from continuing to purchase alcoholic beverages. A seller of alcoholic beverages may be liable if a person who got drunk harms another person as a result of his or her intoxication. The server of the alcohol does not necessarily have to be a bar or tavern. Other establishments such as a hotel, catering hall or even an organization running a picnic where alcoholic beverages such as beer are being provided have a duty to stop selling or providing alcohol to those that appear to be visibly intoxicated.

      In addition, if the liquor sale took place to a minor, the business who sold liquor to the perpetrator could be liable for damages suffered in an intoxicated assault or motor vehicle accident even if the minor was not visibly intoxicated at the time of sale.

     If a lawsuit is started against such an establishment, it may become necessary to hire an expert witness to give an opinion that the bar/hotel/establishment continued to sell or provide alcohol to a person that was visibly intoxicated. This is an area where expert testimony and reports are needed. Undoubtedly, the defendant bar or tavern will hire an experienced insurance company attorney to represent the interests of the bar. You need Mark Law Firm to aggressively pursue your rights, claims and conduct an investigation.

     We have handled cases involving the illegal sale of alcohol to visibly intoxicated persons. Call us at 973-423-9000 if you have any questions.

We practice civil and criminal law in all New Jersey Municipal courts and in the Law Division and Appellate Division of the New Jersey
Superior Court. We have Appeared in many Courts in Counties such as Bergen, Passaic, Morris, Hudson, Union, Somerset, Atlantic,
Burlington and Sussex. Call us today at 973-423-9000 for a free consultation.

Home | Attorney Profile | Links | Contact Us